The Voice of the Potato Industry Value Chain
23-26 June 2024, Adelaide, South Australia
World Potato Congress Inc. is a non-profit organisation supported by a group of volunteer directors representing potato jurisdictions around the world. Congress events are hosted in partnership with local host committees.
World Potato Congress Inc. creates a value chain network to lead sustainable growth and development of the potato to meet increased global use and demand.
In 1993 the first edition of World Potato Congress was held in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada. This initiative to gather potato professionals from all over the world was a success from the start, illustrating that all links of the global potato chain felt the need to meet and share ideas and knowledge, promoting the potato.
Since its first edition, World Potato Congress Inc. has developed its strategy to become a global potato organisation and a major driver to promote the potato crop and consumption in the developed as well as the developing countries. The UN International Year of the Potato in 2008 highlighted the potential of this wonderful healthy and versatile staple food.
Hurry! Early bird registration closes 31 January 2024
(includes conference and trade, welcome reception, Tuesday night dinner, and Monday evening “Happy Hour”)
Early Bird $1,050 AUD
Late Registration $1,250 AUD
(includes attendance to all partner program activities, welcome reception, Tuesday night dinner, and Monday evening “Happy Hour”
Early Bird $520 AUD
Late Registration $550 AUD
- WPC 2024 Golf Tournament. Sunday, 23 June 2024 Cost $200 AUD
- South Australian Produce Market Tour. Monday, 24 June 2024 Cost $60 AUD
Post Congress Tours (Wednesday)
- Tour 1: Depart Adelaide Convention Centre/Mitolo/Wine Centre/SARDI Cost $220 AUD (all inclusive)
- Tour 2: Depart Adelaide Convention Centre/SARDI/Wine Centre/Mitolo Cost $220 AUD (all inclusive)
- Tour 3: Depart Adelaide Convention Centre/Kangaroo Island Cost $365 AUD (all inclusive)
- Tour 4: Depart Adelaide Convention Centre/Victor Harbor Cost $130 AUD (food or drinks not included in cost)
- Tour 5: Depart Adelaide Convention Centre/Cleland Wildlife Park & Hahndorf Cost $155 AUD (all inclusive)
- Tour 6: Depart Adelaide Convention Centre/Barossa Valley Cost $198 AUD (all inclusive)
Post Congress Tours (Thursday)
- Tour 1: Depart Adelaide Convention Centre/Victor Harbor Cost $130 AUD (food or drinks not included in cost)
- Tour 2: Depart Adelaide Convention Centre/Cleland Wildlife Park & Hahndorf Cost $155 AUD (all inclusive)
- Tour 3: Depart Adelaide Convention Centre/Barossa Valley Cost $198 AUD (all inclusive)
Registrations are now open!
Calling for abstracts for presentations and posters.
The Conference Organising Committee invites abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations at the World Potato Congress Adelaide June 23-26, 2024.
Abstracts that are accepted by the Conference Organising Committee will be subject to peer review. The selection criteria includes relevance to the conference theme, accuracy and originality of ideas, significance of the contribution and quality of presentation.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings and presented during the technical sessions. The presenting authors, are required to register, pay and attend the conference.
“Old world meets new world” is the overall Congress theme for the World Potato Congress Adelaide 2024.
Click below to view the themes that will be addressed over the five-day conference program and download the abstract submission form.
Submissions must be received by 14 November 2023.
If you would like to receive updates as a delegate, are interested in speaking or becoming a sponsor, or perhaps having a trade display, please get in touch.